Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cheap Poker Games

I was reading Daniel Negreanu's blog about his goal to grind it out in the .001/.002 cent with $5 dollars and grind it out until he got $25 then move up in rank to .003/.005 cents. So, I've been trying to do the same thing to see how I'll do, but been finding it frustrating, yet educational.

I started with $3, but now down to $1.50.

Somewhere along the lines, I've been bluffing pot after pot trying my best to win every pot I was involved in and I have no idea where it came from. So, playing at these low stakes have really taught me to slow down, learn to bluff less or selective bluffing and letting the cards do the work. I really think this will help my game down the line to teach me to rely on reads and not only on pure aggression.

I'm also playing cheap $1 online tournaments to prepare for all the upcoming satellites offering WSOP seats. I hope all this training will pay off.

I will also try to enter some live tournaments once in awhile to keep up my live game play sharp.

2 comments:

  1. currently making about $0.50 - $0.80 per 30 minute sessions. This is taking longer than I thought.

    played 4 sessions thus far and up $3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Daniel Negreanu play in two separate session of 1/2 cent games. He was very tight and disciplined in his play. I guess you have to be cuz the players are so unpredictable in the micros.

    BTW, he was up $1 on one session and up $3 on another.

    Good luck to you buddy.

    ReplyDelete